HIKKY Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) establishes the following personal information protection policy and mechanism. The Company will promote the protection of personal information by ensuring all employees aware of the importance of and committed to the protection of personal information.
Definition of Personal Information
“Personal Information” means personal information defined by Article 2, Paragraph 1 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
Management of Personal Information
In order to keep the Personal Information of users accurate and up-to-date and prevent unauthorized access, loss, damage, falsification, leakage, etc., the Company will take necessary measures such as maintaining a security system, establishing a management system, and educating employees. The Company will implement safety measures and strictly manage Personal Information.
Collection of Personal Information
The Company may collect Personal Information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail address, user name, account name, credit card number, bank account number, etc., from the users, for example, when the users register for use, etc. In addition, from partners of the Company (including exhibitors, information providers, advertisers, advertisement distribution destinations, electronic commerce sites, etc., hereinafter referred to as “Partners”), it was made. We the Company may collect transaction records and payment information related to transactions between users and Partners which include user's personal information.
Purpose of use of Personal Information
Personal Information collected from users will be used for the following purposes.
- Distribution of contents such as video or still images, music or songs, games, and provision of services related thereto.
- Statistics, analysis, etc., for the purpose of service development and service improvement.
- Marketing activities such as questionnaires and information on various services.
- Payment, shipping of merchandises or goods, communication related thereto.
- Responding to inquiries and other consultations.
- Purposes associated with the above purposes of use, etc.
Change of purpose of use
The Company shall change the purpose of use of Personal Information only when it is reasonably recognized that the purpose of use is relevant to that before the change. If the purpose of use is changed, the changed purpose shall be announced on the website by the method prescribed by the Company.
Prohibition of disclosure and provision of Personal Information to third parties
The Company will properly manage the Personal Information collected from users, and will not disclose Personal Information to third parties except in the following cases or when permitted by law.
- When the user consents.
- When disclosure is made to a contractor to which the Company outsources in order to provide the service the user requests.
- When the disclosure is required in accordance with laws and regulations.
- When it is necessary to protect the life, body or property of a person, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the sound development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the user.
- When it is necessary for a national institution or a local public body or a person entrusted with it to cooperate in carrying out the affairs stipulated by law, and there is a risk of hindering the performance of the relevant affairs by obtaining the consent of the user.
- When an inquiry is received from a police officer, a public prosecutor, a public prosecutor’s office, a national tax official, a narcotics control officer, a bar association, a court, or any other person who has legal inquiry authority.
Security measures for Personal Information
We will endeavor to take security measures to ensure the accuracy and safety of Personal Information.
Inquiry from the person
If the user wishes to inquire, correct, or delete his / her Personal Information, the Company will respond after confirming the identity of the person, and based on the results of necessary investigations.
This policy may be revised by the Company. Upon revision, the Company will publish the revised policy on the website by the method prescribed by the Company and inform the users of the revised policy.
When the user uses or browses the service, the Company may use the user’s cookie information, advertisement identifier, etc. (hereinafter referred to as “cookie, advertisement identifier, etc.”) to automatically collect the information such as the advertisement, page, application that the user browsed, and the usage environment of the user, and may recorded on the Company’s server. Such information is used for improving service and optimizing advertisement distribution and the following purposes.
- Saving basic settings, etc.
- Login, account authentication, etc.
- Understanding usage status, considering service improvement, etc.
- Implementation of questionnaires, etc.
- Display of advertisements, etc.
- When the Company deems it necessary to maintain and develop the service
For inquiries regarding the handling of Personal Information by the Company, please contact the following.
- HIKKY Co., Ltd.
- 2nd floor, Ebisu ST Building, 3-24-2 Higashi, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0011 JAPAN